Last Modified August 28, 2019
2. Collection of Information: EmeryAllen may collect any information (such as first and last name, credit card number, address, e-mail address and telephone number) that you provide when you interact with EmeryAllen in order to provide our services and/or to carry out the transactions you have requested. Some examples include when you (i) make an online or in-store purchase; (ii) seek information about EmeryAllen products and services; or (iii) contact an EmeryAllen customer service representative.
3. Automatic Information Collection: Each time you visit our Site or the websites of any of our partners, we may automatically collect certain types of information from you. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
(i) We may record your internet service provider’s address, your internet protocol or IP address, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser;
(ii) We may collect a record of your activity or your “clickstream” while visiting our Site;
(iii) We may use “cookies” of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to our Sites or other sites; and
(iv) We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, links in the email utilized or if the advertisements on our Site or other sites were effective. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users; and
(v) We may collect any information you enter, share or that can be obtained from your use of our Site or promotions.
4. Using Your Personal Information: In order to make a purchase on the Site, EmeryAllen will request a customer to provide certain personal identifying information, which may include: name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, method of payment, and, if applicable credit card number. EmeryAllen may request additional information necessary to establish and maintain a customer’s account. In addition, your personal information may be used by EmeryAllen and others to enhance your customer experience, respond to your requests, improve our customer service, tailor offerings and advertisements to you, communicate with you about products, services, special offerings and events or programs offered by us or our marketing partners that may be of interest to you.
5. Sharing Your Personal Information with Third Parties: EmeryAllen may share your personal information with third parties, including as set forth below.
(ii) EmeryAllen may share your personal information with service providers. Some examples of things service providers may do that may involve your personal information are:
a. Authorization of credit card and check transactions, order fulfillment, sweepstakes and contests, any rewards program, and cobranded or joint product and service promotions.
b. Developing, hosting or maintaining the Site on behalf of EmeryAllen.
c. Warehousing product, personalizing product and performing order fulfillment and shipping services on behalf of EmeryAllen or on your behalf and at your request.
(iii) In the event that a store, division or part or all of EmeryAllen (or the assets of an EmeryAllen entity) is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, customer information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
(iv) EmeryAllen may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors and customers, EmeryAllen employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Protection of Personal Information: EmeryAllen uses industry-standard security techniques on the Site to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you on the Site. When you access your account information or transmit personally identifiable data to our Site, that information is stored on servers that the EmeryAllen Site has attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. For example, when you place an order with us, view account information, or provide financial information, we protect the transmission of such data using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. EmeryAllen cannot be and is not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
7. Communications from EmeryAllen From time to time you may receive communications including mailings, telephone calls or e-mails from EmeryAllen with information on products or services, discounts, special promotions, upcoming events or other offers from EmeryAllen or its marketing partners. You may opt out of receiving e-mail communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail received. It may take us up to ten (10) days to complete this process, as permitted by law. You may opt out of receiving mailings or telephone calls by contacting us at info@EmeryAllen.com or by calling (843) 480-4473 and asking for a customer service representative who will instruct you on how you may opt out of receiving such communications. Please note that your personal information may be retained in the database for record keeping purposes and for internal research and analysis.
8. Children: This Site is intended for a general audience, and EmeryAllen does not seek through this site to gather personal data from or about persons 18 years or younger.
10. California Residents: If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please submit your request to info@EmeryAllen.com. California law also requires that EmeryAllen indicate whether it honors “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. Do Not Track is a standard that is currently under development. As it is not yet finalized, EmeryAllen adheres to the standards set out in this Privacy Statement and does not monitor or follow any Do Not Track browser requests.